Home About Admission Programs Student Services Library Alumni Contact Us


> Tuition and Fee Information
> Financial Aid
> Student's Right to Cancel
> Tuition and Fee Refund Policy
> Student Tuition Recovery Fund
Tuition and Fee Information
  • All tuition and fees must be paid in U.S. dollars ($).
  • Application Fee (Non-Refundable)----------------------------------------------------$100
  • Foreign Student Fee (One-Time charge due when submitting application) -----$150
I. Degree Programs
Master of Science in Oriental Medicine Program $130.00 per Quarter Unit
Master in Business Administration $480.00 per Semester Unit
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration $275.00 per Semester Unit
Registration Fee (Per Term)  
U.S. Resident
Non U.S. Resident
Transfer Credit Evaluation / Processing Fee $50.00
Auditing Course (not for credit) 50% of regular tuition fee
Malpractice Insurance (per Quarter) when enrolled in clinical training courses $50.00
Graduation Fee $100.00
Master Report Review Fee $300.00
II. Diploma and Training Programs
Massage Therapist 1000 Clock Hours $10,000.00
Massage Therapist 600 Clock Hours $6,500.00
English as Second Language per Semester $3,000.00
III. Non Refundable Charges
Student ID Fee $12.00
Transcript Fee (per original copy) $10.00 / copy
Enrollment Certificate fee: single issue (First issuance of each year enrolled complimentary) $10.00
Returned Check Fee $25.00
Diploma Replacement Fee $100.00
Course Drop / Add / Change Fee $20.00
Late Registration Fee $50.00
SEVIS Data Fix $400.00
Financial Aid
Kingston University currently does not offer financial aid.
Student Right to Cancel

Students have the right to cancel the Enrollment Agreement for a course of instruction and obtain a refund of charges paid through attendance at the first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. After the end of the cancellation period, the student also has the right to stop school at any time and has the right to receive a pro rata refund if the student has completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled course instruction in the current payment period in the program through the last day of attendance.

Cancellation shall occur when the student give a written notice of cancellation to the Administrator of Kingston University at 3871 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91107 as shown on the top of the first page of the Enrollment Agreement.  The student can deliver the written notice by mail, hand or e-mail. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with postage paid.

Tuition and Fee Refund Policy

If the student cancel the Enrollment Agreement with a written notice delivered to the school, the University will refund any money that the student paid, less any deduction for equipment not timely returned in good condition, within thirty days after the notice of cancellation is received. 

The refund shall be the amount of tuition paid multiplied by a fraction, the numerator of which is the number of class hours of instruction (credit units X total weeks in the term) which the student has not received but paid for, and the denominator of which is the total number of class hours of instruction (credit units X total weeks in the term) for which the student has paid.

The student will not get a refund after more than 60% of the instruction of the term has been presented. For example, if the student completes only 15 hours of a 3 unit (45 hours) course in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program and paid $750.00 tuition, the student would receive a refund of $500.

Students should take note that all fees charged and paid for to the University are non-refundable in the event of registration cancellation and dropping of classes and clinical trainings. Non-refundable fees include Application Fee, Registration Fee, Transcript fee, Certificate fee, Student ID Card fee, Graduation fee, Course Drop/Add/Change fee, Late Registration Fee and Diploma Replacement Fee. The Matriculation Fee is not refundable for students who fail to matriculate after one year of admission acceptance.

Students who are dropped by the instructor from the class or dismissed by the school during a school term are not entitled to a refund of the tuition paid for the class.

If the student obtains a loan to pay for an educational program, the student will have the responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan plus interest less the amount of any refund. If any portion of the tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan or third party, the refund shall be sent to the lender, third party or, if appropriate, to the state or federal agency that guaranteed or reinsured the loan. Any amount in excess of the unpaid balance of the loan shall be first used to repay any student financial aid programs from which the student received benefits, in proportion to the amount of the benefits received, and any remaining shall be paid to the student.

If the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.


Student Tuition Recovery Fund Rights (STRF)

The Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) was established by the Legislature to protect any California resident who attends a private postsecondary institution from losing money if he/she prepaid tuition and suffered a financial loss as a result of the school closing, failing to live up to its enrollment agreement, or refusing to pay a court judgment. 

To be eligible for STRF, the student must be a “California resident” who resides in California at the time the enrollment agreement is signed or is enrolled in a residency program at a qualifying institution which is approved by BPPE or subject to the provisions of Article 14, commencing with section 94923 of the Code, and section 94874.1 of the Code.

Effective January 1, 2015, the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) assessment rate has changed from fifty cents ($.50) per one thousand dollars ($1,000) of school charges to zero ($0).

To quality for STRF reimbursement you must file a STRF application within one year of receiving notice from the Bureau that the school is closed.  If you do not receive notice from the Bureau, you have 4 years from the date of closure to file a STRF application.  If a judgment is obtained you must file a STRF application within two years of the final judgment.

It is important that you keep copies of the enrollment agreement, financial aid papers, receipts or any other information that documents the monies paid to the school.  Questions regarding the STRF may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education, P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818; website: www.bppe.ca.gov; phone number: (916) 431-6959 and fax number: (916) 263-1897.

Kingston University
3871 E. Colorado Blvd., Main Tel: 626-229-9929
Pasadena, CA 91107   Tel: 562-868-6488
E-Mail: info@kingston-edu.org
Maps & Direction

Office Hour  
Monday ~ Friday 9:30 am ~ 5:30 pm
National Holidays  
President's Day / Memory Day / Independence Day
Labor Day / Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years

Copyright © 2016 Kingston University, Los Angeles, California